Sunday, December 20, 2009

Welcome!

Hello, dear readers! I'm jumping on the bandwagon like everyone else and starting a blog. Maybe this can help me help you keep up with whether or not I'm still alive and plan on updating Someone to Watch Over Me or any other fics I'm working on!

A head's up: yeah, there will be foul language on here, as well as bad grammar and the occasional bad spelling. There will be coherent posts as well as ramblings for ideas that come up and need to be worked out. There might even be mature content like smut or something. Who knows?Why don't I just do it in a Word Doc or something? Cause I want feedback from you guys so I know that I'm not completely fucking the whole thing up. I appreciate honesty if you do leave comments, and my frail effed up ego will get over it. Eventually. :D

As it stands, I am NOT putting StWOM on hiatus or anything of the sort. I know some of you wonder when I take five months to update if I've given up or something, but fear not; I have no plans to abandon this story, no matter how much it frustrates or seems like total shit to me. I know how I want the end to go, you all know pretty much how it ends, and I really want to give that to you. The journey, however, isn't going like I thought, so it takes me time to come up with things along the way that sound plausible and realistic, and that also stay true to the story. I've learned my lesson and know better than to write a new story without some sort of outline to get me from beginning to end with some guidance along the way. Trying to write out ideas from memory, in order, and then not bug the shit out of my fic buddies and beta for validation all the time is NOT conducive to my writing and makes me feel even worse for doing it. So, there's a lesson there, kids. OUTLINE BEFORE YOU WRITE.

Also, I plan on posting pictures here of the house I used as the basic model for Bella's house in StWOM. I used my grandparents house, and I hope to get better pictures than the ones I already have. Some rooms have clothes all over, or suitcases from when we visited, and I don't want to give you that. So, if you're following keep checking and I'll have these up. The link to the blog will be posted in my FFn account if you check there for info.

In the Days of Auld Lang Syne: Bonafide Rarity? I'm not saying it's on hiatus, either, but it will definitely be slower to update than StWOM. It takes a lot of time to read all of my homegirls' chapters to line everything up in the ItDoALS world and I just need to get my ass on it and do it. Most of the other POVs are light years ahead of me in terms of chapters and events, and I need to catch up. That is a huge and daunting task for me, and I'm kicking myself everyday for not keeping up when we all started it back in the day. I really hope to continue it, but I'm sorry to say that this fic will suffer the most when it comes to my attention to updating.

Will I have other stories to write eventually? Uh, yes. My head is too full of ideas to NOT write SOMETHING, and as I stated earlier, I'll have an outline so I'm not bumbling around like a teenage Edward trying to get to first base with Bella or some shit. I might post teasers or thoughts on those as they come up. Again, feedback would be wonderful and the empty place where my heart should be would be all warm and fuzzy.

I think I've said all that needs to be said for now. Welcome to the crazy train, I hope you enjoy the ride!

- KV7

No comments:

Post a Comment